Thursday 19 February 2009

My Heart is Yearning ..... Paris is Burning.....





Je suis fous de Paris!!! Stayed in a gorgeous boutique hotel in the Sixieme. I have visited this city countless times and yet each time I visit I am bowled over by the magic of it all and become a born again Paris virgin. Equally happy wolfing down hearty Algerian fayre at Le Martel in Chateau d'eau as I am sipping Kirs at Costes: this sublime tension of opposites is what makes this city so beautiful for me. 

My favourite haunts in the city are:

Bar Croix Rouge in St Germain for mid morning open top camembert sandwiches and champagne.

The Catacombs, utterly terrifying and claustrophobic but an adrenalin kick nonetheless - 1, Avenue Henri Roi- Tanguy

La Coupole on Avenue Montparnasse for a multi tiered fruits de mer experience.

Azzedine Alaia for everything 7, Rue de Moussy

Tombees du Camions on Rue d'Abbesses in Montmatre for dismembered Dolly heads, plastic jewellery and other useless yet beautiful epehemera.

Astier de Villatte on Rue St Honore sells exquisite crockery and other maison objets.

Porte de Vanves on a Sunday morning - the best flea market in Paris for a lightweight ferret and a rummage.




No comments: