Wednesday 3 December 2008

The Art of Play

This morning I played, played and played until my cheeks became ruddy. Fearlessly I scaled great mountain faces and threw myself off imaginary canyons into rivers of multicoloured balls.

It is easy to get lost in children. Their innocence and ability to exist within a moment serves as a time vacuum. It is a practice I wholly recommend and liken it to sort of conscious meditation. It would do our souls a world of good if we could only shroud the mundane with some semblance of play- if only for few minutes a day. Here are some ideas to soften the most hardened of grown-ups:
  • Making yourself dizzy 
  • Building a den
  • Climbing trees
  • Swinging with abandon
  • Dancing with abandon
  • Singing with abandon
  • Hula Hooping
  • Cartwheels
  • Handstands
  • Peeing behind a bush
  • Juggling
  • Flying a kite......       Love M

No comments: